How do you deal with losing your babies father during pregnancy?

It's a little unfortunate, but my finacee and I just called it quits because he has alot he needs to change in his life and at this point it just can't and will not work for us to be in a relationship. I only want the best for my child...any helpful advice on how to get through this tough time?

Asked by November_Mom_2B at 9:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Whatever you do try to encourage a relationship for your child with the father and his family. It is possible for him to love his child without loving you. If you can stay civil your child will grow up happy and thank you for it later.

Answer by URHonor at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I've been there, done that, and still going through it. I wish you nothing but the best.. and you can't MAKE him be a dad, but if he wants to.. let him. If he doesn't.. well, like I said- you can't push him to do it..

Answer by shenae704 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• All you can do is think about yourself and child. guess what you made the right decision no matter what. If you found something you didnt like and it just didnt suite your situation then maybe you can work things out later with but dont let your guard down because you are now stronger than ever. Youre on top so stay there dont let him break you down. Even help him to be better and if he doesnt want to kick it over.

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• well my boyfriend is in jail right now. this whole time we planned on making it work and we were goimg to spend our lives together untill recently we talked about it and he doesn't want to give up that life. he doesn't want to take that pay cut if you know what i mean. so it hurts, it really does, but as a mother you need to do what is best for your child no matter what. just do what you got to do t ogive your child a safe ,happy life.

Answer by sarahmarie85 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Focus on what you can do for your child. The sense of independence got me through my pregnancy. If you dwell on the bad, you will always be down.

Good luck through these tough times, but know, they do get better. Oh, and make sure you do have someone to vent to, it ALWAYS helps

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It is really hard but you know what it is easier when they leave during the pregnancy instead of once the baby gets here and is used to him being aroun. My spose and I have been separated for about three months and my daughter was three months old and you can tell that emotionally it bothered her because she was always with him since she was born and now he just sees her when we go to his job and it kills me I told him he should have disappeared before she was born and we are pregnant again.

Answer by sniyah at 12:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I broke up with my babys father during my pregnancy and it turned otu to be a good thing .There would have been too much stress there everything worked out . I did nto end up with him I married someone better . Turns out he did not want anything to do with the baby . I hope thats not your case and you can be friendly for the baby and work out a great visit scheldule. Just always put the baby first .

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2008