My 5 yr old son has absence seizures... Would love to chat with someone who knows or has a child that also has absence seizures. thank you

connersmom04

Asked by connersmom04 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• I cannot related but I did find a site for you that has support groups for families with seizures. http://www.epilepsysupportnet.org/ Hope this helps!
    MommyRuby2008

Answer by MommyRuby2008 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i had grand mal seizures as a teenager...are absence the ones where you are still conscience?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I worked with a handicapped patient who had draw-up seizures and his eyes were fixed and dialated. We would just talk him through it telling him that we were there and not to worry. They usually only lasted about 10 seconds. He would get them when something was going on with him. For example, he was getting an ear infection so he would have a seizure a few days before we noticed it. He was completely handicapped and got this way because of a bad dpt shot. The shot caused several nuerological problems etc.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010