Planning a pregnancy..

CRAZY, I realize.. but we are trying to plan for a baby to be born around February 2012. I am a meticulous planner, and yes I realize planning and wanting to have a “perfectly timed” pregnancy aren’t necessarily realistic. BUT it’s what we are going to try to do. So, anyhow, I’ve got plenty of time, seeing as I don’t plan on getting pregnant for about one year (I’d need to get pregnant May 2011). If it were this far away for you, would you start doing anything now? I have an IUD, so when would be the ideal time to get it removed so I could track ovulation and what not? Are there any great books out there for a “perfectly planned” pregnancy?

Any other tips anyone wants to offer are gladly accepted!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

It's the BEST book on the market for women.

I got pregnant the first month of trying using these methods in the book. That being said it takes the average couple between 5-8 months to get pregnant so don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen when you want it to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would take out the IUD and get your body back to what is normal for it. Start charting to find out when you are ovulating. Eating healthy and exercising.

Anonymous

• I agree with pp. Take out the iud, as some women have trouble ttc once they go off bc. If you want to wait another year use condoms since there are no hormones that can mess up your cycle. 3 months before you ttc start taking prenatal vitamines. Even now treat your body as if you are pregnant, no smoking, drinking, drugs. Try to limit your amount of caffine and otc drugs. GL.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• All that they said. And, there is a book called "Taking Charge of your Fertility". I hear that is awesome.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2010