Baby Healthcare

Hi there,
I am 5 1/2 months pregnant with my first child. I have just started the process of researching healthcare for my newborn. Can anyone recommend good healthcare coverage for my baby or share their experiences with me regarding healthcare?
Thanks so much!

Adarable

Asked by Adarable at 1:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• medicaid works great for me
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Medicaid is good in SOME STATES. In TX it sucks my sister has to wait in a waiting room for two hours because her son's doctor is one of FEW doctors that accept medicaid. Tricare is awesome for us but, you have to be military. Scott and White is good in TX too. Check into your employer plan or private plans. In most cases they are better than medicaid.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• What kind of insurance do you have? The baby is generally added to that.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yep we just have the insurance for our baby that all of us have. All of our kids also get medicaid and luckily Ohio is not one of those states where only a few doctors take it. Most doctors accept it here. I have never had to get insurance outside of work for my kids.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thanks so much to all of the Moms for the great advice! Just to clarify, I work as an independent contractor which means I would need independent insurance. I am located in California so any advice on independent providers in the CA area would be very appreciated! I will look into medicaid as well.
    Adarable

Answer by Adarable at 3:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010