How many moms on here chose to NOT KNOW the sex of their baby?

I have had two and knew with each one. Now I am pregnant again and being pressured to let it be a surprise by mainly my dh and my mom.

I dont do good with surprises....lol I like to KNOW! hahaha :)

What was your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Neither my husband or I wanted to know the sex of our children. We ended up with two boys--which is what I wanted! :o) I decorated the nursery in neutral "Winnie the Pooh" Even if I did know what I was having, I wouldn't have gone all "pink" or "blue!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• When I was pg I liked to know ahead of time too. When people tell use that surprise line on you just tell them "It WILL be a surprise...when we find out!" :)
    Anonymous

• It was a great experience for us not knowing the sex. It was soooo hard not knowing but soooo worth it in the end!
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I gave birth to my girls in England and they won't tell you there because ethnic minorities use abortion for gender selection.  I didn't want to know anyway so it worked out just fine.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We have three kdis and we didnt' find out with any of them . We didnt' want to know either. We talked about this before we got pregnant the first time and new ahead of time that neither one of us wanted to know.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 2:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• All mine have been surprise. I love it. I am pregnant with my third and this one also will be a good surprise. It was the best thing to be in labor and wondering what is it and what name do I get to use.
    Anonymous

• I have 4 kids and I didn't find out with my first. I didn't like it because I felt like I couldn't really buy "anything" that wasn't gender neutral. I wouldn't have gone crazy with the pink/blue anyway, because I knew I wanted more kids but it would have been nice to have a bit of blue here or there (since he turned out to be a boy). And I went shopping when he was like 4 days old (left him for an hour with my mom) so I could get him something that wasn't yellow/green!

Answer by missanc at 3:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I am not one of the moms who chose not to know...I really wanted to know with each of my 3 different pregnancies, but my babies would not let me know!
    Each one crossed their legs or covered their private parts with their hand. The U/S Tech would scan all over the place at every possible angle, but no luck at seeing anything between their legs. In fact, my first baby brought one leg up to cover herself and when the tech moved the wand to the other side my daughter brought the other leg up....LOL.
    All 3 of my daughters were surprises at birth and it was awesome!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We didn't find out with any of our 5 children (#5 arrives in 4 weeks from today). It made that moment in the OR (I had c-sections) all the more poignant when they announced the sex. I can't wait to find out if we have a baby Jack or a baby Kylie this time. The kids are convinced it will be a boy (we have 3 girls and 1 boy) and keep talking to my stomach and calling the baby Jack, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Neither one of us knew for our first born, but with out 3rd, my ex wanted to know so he found out and kept it a secret from me until she was born.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010