anyone else's kids complaining...

...about how bored they are?? I've made my kid a list of 25 different things to do and given multiple other suggestions and he claims "there's nothing to do"- it's so frustrating!!! I hope the whole summer doesn't go like this!!!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I was growing up my family had a rule that if anyone ever muttered the words "I'm Bored", they had to scrub the bathroom with a toothbrush. It only happened once, before I was old enough to remember, but because that story was often regaled, nobody ever said those words within our mother's hearing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• lol I'm so going to use this one.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Ooooohh goooosh yes! It's not boredom but he complains about me not feeding him what he wants to eat. I'm sick of it. I'm glad he's asleep.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I was always told to clean when I said I was bored. I would not complain and then go outside or to a friends house to stay away.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes my kids complain. But I am ready for summer. They have all kinds of fun activities planned. One is taking dance and the other is taking karate. In between those days will be out of the house doing something. Try to keep him busy as possible. I don't know if your list include you doing things with him but try to participate in the activities with him and maybe he will get encouraged to do more.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm waiting for it. It hasn't hit yet. My girls are 18 and 16 years old. My 18 y/o daughter graduated HS this year and her dad told her to get a job, but she's been staying in her room all day sleeping or playing video games. She just came down at 3:30pm for a bite to eat, which is the first time I've seen her all day, and she's back up there now. {sigh} My 16 y/o daughter just sits in front of the tv all day.
    I've been giving them little chores to do, but they complained so I just don't even bother. They tried to sneak out yesterday to ride in a car with 2 teen boys I don't know to go to some so-called "watering hole" to go swimming. I told my 18 y/o that I couldn't stop her, but I wouldn't let my youngest one go. I called the police station to find out where this "watering hole" was and they told me it was way down by the quarry, is on private property, and they are called there all the time to kick the kids out of there.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• This summer is gonna suck....I can sense it already.
    PrydferthMenyw

• My almost 10yo was doing that last week. First I shut the TV off (restricting TV for the summer since all they do is watch TV in the winter) and she was sooooooo bored without the TV. A few days later it was rainy so they sat inside watching TV and she was sooooooo bored watching TV. I wanted to strangle her.
    But now that they are allowed to go to the park on their own they are happy. They've been to the park every day since Saturday and have had a blast and it keeps them out of my hair for a few hours.
    Now I just have to deal with my 4yo who can't go to the park and is bored so she bugs me, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010