If you witnessed this happening what would you have done..a vent ...

I am in the parking lot at school waiting on my child's day to let out. Meanwhile I hear this tiny baby's cry and see him/her in the car next to me. In the next 10 minutes this person is screaming at the baby to shut up and does everything except just pick up the baby. As school lets out someone comes running out of the school and scoops the baby up and the driver who was screaming at the infant is quiet now...I've never been so appalled at such a scene and I don't know what I woulda done if she'd a hit the 2 to 3 month old. I was close to asking her if she needed a break -could I comfort the infant for her,ya know something like that. but the person came outta the school at that moment. I'm not a perfect person but an infant only has so many needs to be met and their happy-how hard is that to understand.?

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm also curious if the baby was in the car with a nanny and the one who scooped up the child was the mother? If so i agree with anon, let the mother know ASAP!
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Was the person that got the baby the mother and the person screaming was a caretaker? If so, find the mother and tell her FAST!!!
    Anonymous

• I would have waited a bit and then calmly asked the driver if she needed help. Since I don't know all the circumstances or anything I would not try to judge someone, but offer help. It's easy to come late and ask "how hard could it be to understand' when I don't know who the driver is, what the circumstances are or what led up to the situation. The infant definately didn't deserve to be yelled at - but I also know that what I find easy to understand not everyone finds easy to understand. Part of the idea of "it takes a villiage" to raise a child is understanding we're not in this alone and that we tr to hel pthers - without the judgement.
    Anonymous

• When the person came out of the school I guess that was the parent. As for the babysitter in the car-no clue. I was about to offer to help this person when the parent came out of the school. I don't want to put my nose where it doesn't belong in someones business but this one just burned me up I guess. An infant is an infant and can only do one thing to tell you something is wrong...cry. Yes I have been on the other end of course I imagine everyone has their breaking point where they just walk away for 2 seconds and find some help to spell them for a minute or find their calm and then go back and take care of the infant's needs. It is also very humid here and the temperature outside is in the 90's so I'm guessing that had something to do with her patience level.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010