father in law??

today is a year that my father in law passed away also his birthday what can i do to make my dh feel better

cutie_pie200619

Asked by cutie_pie200619 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes you do not have to say anything, just hold him. Sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• We lost my father in law 2 years ago, we cremated him and did a burial at sea...he was an avid fisherman and loved the ocean, anyway, on the anniversary of his death we take roses out to the harbor and drop them on the water for him, then have dinner right there at a little restaurant that was the last place we ate with him.

Think of something that shares a special moment....maybe since it was his birthday, something as simple as baking a birthday cake for his dad.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• He has to heal in his own way and time. I wouldn't say anything unless he brings it up then just listen. A hug would probably help too

Answer by admckenzie at 3:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2010