is vomiting so hard that i started my period 2.5wks early normal?!

i'm on the pill and have 'normal' cycles yet last night when i got a massive migrain to the point where i was vomiting, i started bleeding 2.5wks before my scheduled visit from aunt flow. is this 'normal'? it freaked me out since it's never happened before. would you ask your doc about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• Vomiting itself won't cause you to start your period. Hormones control that. How long have you been on the Pill? And what kind is it? I started spotting randomly with the first brand of Pill I was on and it turned out I just needed to switch to another one with slightly higher hormones. Also, maybe the migraine triggered something hormonal? Sorry you aren't feeling well.
    Anonymous

• Yes I'd see a doctor. Your period is a hormonal thing, so vomiting won't dislodge the build-up of the flow. Being very ill might affect the hormones. But your best bet is to ask your doctor. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i've been on OrthoTricycln for 3 months now. I often get migrains inconjunction with the weather changing (today we had a severe thunderstorm and i've had a headache all day). i just find it odd that my period is soo early this month.
    Anonymous