Why is it when a mother of a large family has a problem people want to say it's because she has a lot of kids?

It don't matter the problem. people always say "well if you didn't have some many kids you wouldn't have that problem". but women that have only a couple of kids people actually want offer up advice. just because someone has a housefull of kids don't mean that's the reason for every problem they have.

it don't matter if she wants advice about AF, Marriage, School, a friendship in trouble. it's always well if you didn't have so many kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because people are ignorant about things they don't understand! They can't imagine that they could live are lives for even one second because  wrongly assume once a person has more than the socially acceptable 1-3 children their whole identity is reduced to "only a mom" and nothing else.. they imagine we spend every waking hour from the time our 4th child is born until the day we die doing , feeling or thinking nothing except what concerns our children. They forget that just like they do, we juggle many hats on a daily basis .. we are women, wives, daughters, sisters, aunts,friends,workers,bosses,church goers, citizens of our communities and country. We have thoughts and feelings, hopes ,dreams and concerns and situations in our lives that ***GASP** have nothing to do with kids..

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 10:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• because more kids is never the answer to your problems lol
    Anonymous

• Because they are rude. I don't have that problem, Thank God. But, I am good at telling people to mind their own business. I have 5 kids and if hubby has his way we will have 6 next spring.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It seems to me that kids in really large families are very well behaved. Those Duggars are and that show 9 by Design are examples. I think these kids just learn how to share more and to compromise with having so many people around.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have never seen that. The only time I've ever heard someone say something like that is when there are financial problems. And I have yet to see a large family that the children are well behaved. The ones we know are the exact opposite.
    Anonymous

• Because kids uaully are the problem ..lol.
    Anonymous

• The Duggars are psychotic
    Anonymous

• Because they're judgmental. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My dad does that to me. I'm about to have kid #5 and if I even mention I'm tired or don't feel like cleaning this or that or we didn't have enough cash on hand to get XYZ (not that we don't have enough money, we just didn't have any on hand) or anything really he tells me, "well, you should have thought about that before having more kids."
    Yeah, sure I'm tired because the kids stress me out but I'd be stressed and tired even if I had just 1 kid. Why don't I deserve a break? And he really doesn't think I deserve to have help because I have too many kids in his opinion. Basically all my fatigue, stress and issues are punishment for being stupid and having too many kids. He ticks me off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010