When you got pregnant the first time what kind of mother did you think you would be?

I was horrified that I was going to be like my Mother. Always yelling, angry and stressed about something. Caring much more about her men than her children. I always swore to myself I wouldn't do that. EVERYONE always said that it was pretty much inevitable though, that everyone turned out just like their parents. Much to my amazement Im a much better Mommy than I'd ever thought I'd be. I laugh and have so much fun with my little guy. I only get stressed out when I can't figure out why he is crying, which isn't often. Even then I can keep my cool and handle the situation. Something my Mother would never have been able to do.

Proof you can do whatever you set your mind to. No matter what anyone says!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really didn't think about it a lot ....I just knew that I was going to love our new baby and that I would be very cautious,careful and attentive , as I am always worrying about my kids, even now that they are grown up.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had no idea what kind of mother I'd make. SHe is 1 now and I still don't know what kind of mother I am. Do I lose my temper? Yes. But I am learning to control it. I am learning to be selfless and to see the world through a toddler's eyes (very difficult). I am learning to speak calmly and ignore tantrums. I am always learning and I try to improve everyday. I aim to be a more thoughtful and understanding mother than my own was, and I think I am so far.
    Anonymous

• I wasn't sure while I was pregnant, but I was worried because I wasn't excited about it. But now, I never knew how much I wanted a baby until I had one, and I think I'm a pretty good mom.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010