Lately I feel like my husband is trying to seperate me and my son. He calls me overbearing and it's hurtful. Ican't explain the attachment that's so close w/him. I think my husband feels left out.

Just need some support

ajarita77

Asked by ajarita77 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are leaving your husband out so that you can devote your whole time to your son, you are very wrong and he has a right to feel the way he does. Husband should come first; children second.
    Anonymous

• How old is the son?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Anon - I would NEVER put my DH/SO before my children!

OP - You child should absolutely come first, but that does NOT mean you give 100% of your time to your children. Your husband and your marriage require attention, just like your DS does. You need to find a happy median and it sounds as if your not even involving your DH in activites with your DS? You and your DH should be raising your DS together and you need to be a team. If you aren't giving your DH any attention, he probably is a little jealous but I feel he is also right to say you are over bearing. You cannot dedicate 100% of your time to your child. You have other priorities as well (DH).

GL mama -
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2010