Do you think people without fathers have issues?

Spin-off of the in-vitro question. Not trying to be mean, but every person I know who didn't have their biological father around or had one that ran out on them is really messed up. Depressed, drug addict, etc. (My own brother is this way, his father ran out on our mom and she re-married later. He is a very screwed up individual even though my father always acted as his father). What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I am good.
    Anonymous

• my children never had their father he was a complete douche bag and actually tried to kill me and my oldest when she was two. my children are great my daughter just graduated with honors and is going into the military and my son is a fine young man.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Nope...It's better to have no biological parent than a shitty one. In fact, most people I know that are drug addicts or otherwise bad people have parents in their lives. Just really bad ones. My son is doing wonderfully without a piece of shit in his life.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Statistics show children who don't have their father or a father figure around have social issues as well as emotional issues but it could be that the mom was having to work many hours to bring home enough money to make ends meet. I've seen a single mom who worked 2 jobs and had her oldest raise her siblings so she can work. All the girls were pg before driving, the boy is a transvestite.  So it's hard to say what caused the issues. 

Anonymous

• I think my father had issues so having him around just caused issues period. I think people in general have issues no matter what
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My father and mother got divorced when I was 4. I am now 27 years old. I think that all people handle it differently. My oldest sister is very messed up. She has 3 differrent kids by three different men. She has been in and out of relationships and divorced only once since she has only married once. She has lost custody of her youngest daughter to her father. She is a mess. My middle sister was a partier and was all about being scared of men for so long. She always found one thing or another wrong with them that was petty. She is finally married and having her first child at 29 years old. I have now been married for 8 years almost and will be having my 5th child with my husband (all 5 children have the same father) on monday. I don't think any of us turned out the same so it is hard to say if this was just our personalities or the fact that we didnt' have our father.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• and if you can't blame your issues on your poor old dad then you will find something or someone else to blame em on.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm doing well - my bio dad and my step-dad (who raised me from 6 until I was 14 and then just left) can sleep well at night knowing that I'm doing just fine.
    My mother wasn't even that strong of a woman - I mean, she's a good woman but she's not very strong. And I still ended up okay. So I don't know.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• AND my little sister, who has a full-time father is pretty screwed up in some ways.
    Blubuni99

• I should add that my mom's first husband was a loser. He beat her and is still addicted to drugs. My mom left him when the boys were young. My oldest brother (her oldest) is now a decorated cop and her second son was in and out of trouble when he was a teen. Their dad was in their life. It's all about how they handle it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010