what are some things you do to play with a 1 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to the Library & sign up for infant/toddler playtime groups. That's what we did and he loved it. We went three days a week in the summer and they also have puppet shows and singing & dancing classes for them and other activities. Then you can stay and read books!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• At home show them how to play with their toys. Like fitting the shapes in the holes, stacking things, rolling balls. Basically set an example of how to play. Have to do some hand over hand at that age, but it's playing. Read books. Play outside.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• we watch nick jr. together and sing the songs, we play with his toys, we have tickle time, i take him swimming when its nice out, we go for walks, i take him on the baby swings, ill hold him on my lap and take him down the slide. my son really loves for me to just have nick jr. on, have his toys around, and just crawl around the floor, cruising and standing on things.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I found this activity on a website and my son loves it. Take different bowls and put ice in them take a big spoon and let him put the ice in all the different bowls. Just dont let him eat the ice cubes and get choked. It also keeps him cool. I thought it was a neat activity. We also go outside and write with side walk chalk. We let him pretend drive our cars, he LOVES to do that :) I take him to the park and to visit his nana and all her dogs.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010