chicken and dumplings

what's your recipe for chicken and dumplings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Chicken breast baked then cut up, box of chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, cream of broccoli soup, and a can of bisquits, each one broke in 4s.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I boil my chiken until it's falling apart then I pull it apart. Next I add some butter to the water to make a broth. Next I mix my dumplings like I'm making buttermilk biscuits. Put the chicken back into the broth bring it to a boil then add my dumplings one drop at a time. It's sooooooo good. Great now I'm hungry......lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• chicken breast, carrots, onion and cream of chicken coup with one can of water in a crock pot. Cook 8 hours on low. About 20 minutes before it is done, mix one cup of bisquick and one cup of milk, pour over the top, tilt lid and cook until the top is done through. Voila.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Mmmm, chicken and dumplings.
    I made my own up. I make a huge batch for my huge family and it's in the slow cooker:
    2 cans cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
    2 cans cream of celery soup (undiluted)
    1 can chicken broth
    onion, celery and carrots (sliced/chopped...I don't measure, just toss them in)
    rosemary and sage (also not measured, I do it to taste)
    6 frozen or thawed chicken breasts (thawed will cook faster in the slow cooker)
    several cups of frozen mixed veggies (we like a blend that has cauliflower, carrots and broccoli)

Mix all together and cook until the chicken is done and the veggies are tender (like 6 hours on high depending)
    For the dumplings I use Jiffy mix. Just follow the directions for biscuits (like 2 cups of mix to some water or something). I add a little rosemary to the batter then drop into the hot slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour.

I also usually thicken the soup before that with
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• America's Test Kitchen has the absolute best recipe for chickien and dumplings, it's too complicated to put here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• First, make your stock. In a large soup pot, boil a whole chicken (or bone-in parts if you prefer) with three or four carrots, a whole onion (quartered) and a few stalks of celery (I throw in the leafy tops that we don't eat) season with salt and pepper (I also use season salt and garlic powder). You know the stock is done when the meat is falling off the bone. Remove veggies and throw away, debone chicken and save meat. To make dumplings for our family I start with 3 to 4 cups of flour (season with a little salt and pepper) and add a couple of large ladles of the stock and enough water to make a dough. Roll your dough out (I ususally divide the dough into three batches to roll) and cut into dumplings (using a pizza cutter makes this go much quicker). Bring your stock back up to a boil and add all of the dumplings into the stock. Let boil until they float on the surface and test for doneness. ---MORE---
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• These are dense dumplings, if you want them fluffy, add a tablespoon of baking powder in with your flour. Once your dumplings are done, stir back in as much chicken as you want (we use half the chicken and make chicken salad with the other half).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I cook chicken in a large pot with chopped onions. Remove all skin and bones after the chicken cooks. Strain cooked liquid if needed. Then I use the recipe on the Bisquick box. Serve with peas or carrotts.
    If I have Hodgekin Mills whole wheat baking mix I use 50/50 with the Bisquick. Gives it a nice flavor. The gravy makes its self while the dumplings cook.
    Sasha51

Answer by Sasha51 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010