• In the Spotlight:

how do i wean my 5 week old from night feedings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't... you feed your hungry 5 WEEK old.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You can't. They need to eat. Think how hungry you would be if your diet was a few oz of liquid every few hours. My 8 month old still eats once a night.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You don't. You continue until they develop enough to no longer need them. And, you child may need them until age one or stop need them tonight.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• you dont. my gosh is called being a good mother suck it up. THE BABY IS HUNGRY
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• um, your 5 week old NEEDS to eat overnight, their tummies are only the size of their fists

my DS night fed till 11 mos!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree, the baby's tummy is so small it can't hold enough food to sustain it all night. Even adults eat meals every four hours so you should know a baby needs to be fed often even at night.
    Anonymous

• 5 weeks is still too young to quit the night time feedings.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• The baby needs to be fed when its hungry.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You don't - like everyone else said. Feed him when hungry and awake. The one thing you CAN do, is DO NOT wake him if he is sleeping longer then normal at night. He will slowly increase how long he can sleep until needing to eat. Also, feed on demand during the day - as much as he wants. My kids slept through the night at a pretty young age and I fed them as often as needed during the day - no schedule.

Once you introduce solids and he is eating them very well - around nine months, then you can try and see if he can make it all night. But even then there will be times they need to nurse at night - when sick, growth spurt, etc.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You dont. You keep feeding that baby every few hours until he/she stops telling you he/she is hungry.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010