your diamond carat size? engagement ring?

where do you live? how big is your diamond? and how did you pick or like it? would you want something different?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 3 CT. Do you want a physical address or a PO Box?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't have a diamond, I have a sapphire... i have no idea how many carats it is, it doesn't matter to me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• just the state so i can see the difference in size in different places and stuff
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 1.75 ct - MN, I LOVE it - we went together and he saw the look in my eye and new that was the one he was getting me although we looked for months other places - I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I lived in CA, my fiance was from IL and bought my ring in IL. It's 1.78Ct total weight.
    Anonymous

• I was joking. My diamond is tiny and i live in TX.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My husband picked it out. I was married before and gave him my old set to trade in. You can trade diamonds for diamonds. Anyways, he got me a "one of a kind" ring and it was pretty over the top but he said I was never trading up how some people do. The center diamond is 2 ct surrounded by 8 smaller cuts. Then the band has another 34 smaller ones. Then one wedding band didn't look right so I choose a wrap, but had the wrap cut apart. And those 2 bands are very tiny diamonds. Hard to explain. But I get more compliaments on it than I could have imagined. And we busted our asses to pay off the engagement ring in a years time. The wedding bands were paid in cash, not so much money for those. But I live in PA.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OK, It is NOT the size of the diamond that matters. It is the QUALITY. You can have a 3 ct. diamond that looks like a dirty ice cube. I would rather have a smaller clear & sparkly diamond than a huge dirty looking one. That said, mine is a very fine Clear and Sparkly diamond. 2 1/3 ct. center stone and 1/2 ct. on either side. I live in NY. P.S. I picked it!
    Anonymous

• Mine was .2 carat, pear shaped. Bought it in MO. It was the biggest we could afford. I really wanted the .25 carat (yeah not much difference between 1/5 and 1/4 but it was slightly bigger so you got more detail).
    In the end it didn't really matter to me. I don't even have the ring any more. My bitch ex-landlady cleared our apartment out when she thought we weren't coming back (despite us repeatedly telling her we were out of town for a family emergency and would be back to clear our stuff out at the end of the month when our lease was up) and her or her cleaning people stole our rings and a lot of other stuff. Long story.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My ring is slightly under 1 CT. It's not at all noticeable but there is a huge price difference between 1 CT. and just under 1 CT. I did not pick out the ring, my husband designed it with a friend of his who is a jeweler. My wedding band is an eternity ring so it has diamonds going all the way around. They are beautiful. I get compliments on them often. I live in Washington DC.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010