Do I use finger paint?

I am wanting to have my kids make Fathers Day cards for their daddy and I am wanting them to be able to put their hand prints on them. Do I use finger paint? Also does anyone have a recipe that will make some good paint for this that will work on paper and not stain their hands (dont want to give away the surprise... :)
*Also just a note i have no cash so i would like a recipe i can make- i know there are some cornstarch ones....?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 3:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 3 Tablespoons sugar
    1/2 Cup cornstarch
    2 Cup water (cold)
    Food coloring
    Dish detergent (aids in clean up)
    Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan. Add cold water and stir completely. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly about 5 minutes. Cool, then divide into 4 cups or bowls. Add food coloring and a drop of detergent to each bowl.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'd use crayola washable paint.. finger paint tends to flake off when it dries
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Any washable tempura paint will work good. I dont think finger paint will give you the look you want....try a teacher supply store and they can give you a ton of ideas and options!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Any paint you use (kid paint anyways) will wash off with dish soap. Especially if you have the kind that cuts grease. And if you wash their hands while wet, it comes off a lot easier.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2010