If my husband is planning on elisting in the marines, whats some advice you can give me?

Well my husband is planning on enlisting in the marines after christmas i and i want some advice PLEASE HELP

rach7787

Asked by rach7787 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• asked it
    rach7787

Answer by rach7787 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Always stay positive. Write when you can send a package when needed. You will have security for all three of you. It could be a good expeience but it can also be heart wrenching as well due to deployments. Especially if he were to go to iraq, just bc he goes doesnt mean he wont come back. Oceanside California is great the rent is crazy but thats some new experiences. North carolina could be good. Im not really sure anywhere else at this time for marines. The military isnt peaches and cream either its not easy sometimes its hard but if you guys can get through anything then you can get through this. Encouragment is the best thing ever. Tell the truth out way the pros and cons. Be realistic. We just got out of the military and its hard because you had security. Use the military to your advantage and be prepared when you get out.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Stay strong, for yourself, your family, and him too. I haven't personally experienced it, but I have family that is in the Marines,Army, and Reserves.. I wish you both the best. Stay strong, and positive.
    Anonymous

• Be proud of him and support his decision. If he can qualify for the Marines be VERY proud! (hardest branch to get into is the Marines) You will get great veteran and medical benifits. You may also have the chance to live all over the world and experience ALOT of cultures.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Be a very supportive wife!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I know my husband would say DONT SIGN UP with the marines. He says that the air force is the way to go(better housing and stuff). He spent 12 yrs in the air force and swears it is the best way to go. As for me, I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world in whatever decision you make.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• be strong and get involved with support groups they help alot .
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My best advice would be to try to take things one day and one step at a time. That and do research about the particular job (military occupational specialty) your husband is interested in and perhaps join up with some online groups for support from other military family and friends.

Good luck!
    married2amarine

Answer by married2amarine at 9:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• First off STAY FAITHFUL to him. Support him, and if he would to take an MOS that deploys write lots of letters, write lots of emails, send him packages to let him know you care, love and support him, cherish the phone calls- He'll need that.... it really does help them over there. and keep in mind that as much as you are missing him he is missing you and he loves you.
    teresitajo

Answer by teresitajo at 8:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008