if you use a prepaid cell phone

which one do you have? is it good? are the minutes affordable? I'm not looking for bells and whistles, but a cell phone. I want to avoid the tracfone because the prices for minute cards are ridiculous

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have Boost, I love it. $50 for unlimited talk, text and web.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my daughter has virgin mobile its twenty for unlimited text and i think fifty for text and talk. i just have a tracfone but it works for me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• boost mobile, 50 bucks a month, unlimited talk, text, web, and two way. can't beat it.
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have tracfone and it's not so bad. I bought a phone that guarantees me double minutes for every card I buy. The phone was only $25 at Target and it has the camera. I ended up giving my Net10 phone (a good deal also) to my grandson and kept the tracfone.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I pay $15 a month for my Net10
    Anonymous

• I have straight talk through walmart. I love the service is great, I get signal everywhere so far. I only pay $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and web. They have some pretty awesome phones too but the are kind of high priced to me, I have the slider phone I love it so far but it was $80.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We have Tracfone and use the family Value plan. It's only $15 a month and because we both have the double minute plan, my husband gets 100 minutes and I get 60 minutes a month, which is all we need. We don't use our phones very much. I have a Samsung Slider and it was only $20.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I've used tracfone for years and I'm very happy with it.I only spend $100.00 a year for the 1 year card.
    Anonymous

• We have straight talk through wal-mart, the signal is always awesome and the plans are only either 30 dollars for 1000 minutes per month and 45 dollars for unlimited text, talk and web browsing. The phone was a little high (80 bucks at wal-mart) it is really nice and serves all of our purposes.
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i have ATT and we pay roughly $30.00 every 2 1/2 months. the phone cost $20 from walmart and then we set up our service over the phone. we pay via credit card never signing up for anything. it is one of those 1.00/day ONLY on days used kind of deals. and i have never setup my voicemail that way nobody can leave one and i am not tempted to check it. we NEVER text so that isnt an issue with us!
    americanpoppy

Answer by americanpoppy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010