Please explain to me?

how one could state that the bible contains any form of scientific fact, since the time frames in which the evolution of science occurred, and when the bible was written do not coincide.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wonder this too. So many people say they know how the bible was put together and trust it 100% and I always wondered how you can take it all literally word-for-word.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• The earth is round Isaiah 40:22 (You probably already know this.) Then man went to the moon.
    Mitochondrial DNA ( I posted a question on this before) Basically states that Humans came from one set of parents.
    The flood
    The moon and the stars are my witness :)
    Decomposition of the body, flesh Gen 3:19
    Rain, vapors in Psalm 135:7
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Could you use lamen terms for us unsophisticated folk? I mean for real I do not want to answer a question I have to break the dictionsary open to answer! Come on!

Anonymous

• dictionary...hehe..oops.
    Anonymous

• Mitochondrial DNA ( I posted a question on this before) Basically states that Humans came from one set of parents.
    The flood
    ****

Yes Eve was found to be from Africa but more primate than modern human; so how does that help your argument?

What flood? Noah's? You mean the flood that was recorded in almost every civilization in history? That flood? Ok and where is the ark and how did that all work exactly? How did Noah collect animals from the New World he didn't even know existed; how about from Europe which again he wasn't aware even existed yet? sorry not buying it.
    Anonymous

• Pathetic attempt to show proof??
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes Eve was found to be from Africa but more primate than modern human: so how does that help your argument?
    ~

You found EVEand she is a primate? Let me guess, her chimp bones was found wearing one of those Mothers Day necklaces and charms around her neck that said "Cain" and "Able."

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 3giglemonsters- Laughing my butt off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too funny.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yahweh has his own time frame. He even has his own calendar, Holy days, and times to determine when a days starts and when a day ends. Just because science cannot go in harmony with his time does not disprove him, it disproves itself. The scientific facts in the bible are things that were proven before science came into the picture to steal and claim them as their own facts. Funny the bible says the world is round and it took man a long time to figure that out. They actually believed it was flat!! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't think the bible is meant to be taken literally. I don't think that it's a scientific piece of work. It's literature.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2010