I feel guilty about going back to school in the fall

I'm due to have our second child any day now and I've been taking classes through out the entire pregnancy and I plan on graduating next year. Whether it be in the spring or whenever. I'll only be gone in the mornings and twice a week in the afternoons, but I feel guilty for wanting to go back in the fall because of all the time I'm depriving from the new baby. Have you ever felt this way?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 3:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You should be proud that you are empowering yourself not guilty.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Totally normal to feel this way, you will still be there for most of the time, kudos to you for having it all.

Answer by older at 3:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thanks guys. =)
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes, you are leaving your children for a bit, but for such a good reason. And they will learn a bit of independence from you, while you will be able to tell them later how important it is to get an education and how hard you worked for yours. A little guilt is normal but don't beat yourself up, your education will make your life better, and therefore make their life better as well.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010