How long can you leave your kids alone in a room together...

before one of them is screaming or crying about something the other one did! At my house it's about 5-30 seconds. Seriously!! They are 3 and 6. though in his defense, to an extent, the 6 year old has asperger's. Drives me nuts! How many times can one say 'just don't touch each other!!'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• It differs on each day. Lately my two, ages 5 and 4, have been bickering and starting crap with each other every 10 minutes and while my 5 year old is usually the one who starts it my 4 year old has no problem continuing it and loves pissing her sister off to the point she stomps away - in fact they just started fighting again. I can hear my aunt yelling at them not to hit each other.
    Anonymous

• lol I can only leave them until they start fighting over toys...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• At this stage (they are 8, almost 6, and 3.5 years) there are times when they can play nicely for a long time. Then there are other days when there is more conflict, but still not too bad. However, when my oldest was about 4 and my middle one was about 2 there were days when they could not be in the same room for ten minutes without someone crying... it was tiring, but it did improve. The Aspergers must make it harder... my oldest has sensory integration issues and that made it a lot harder for him to get along with the other siblings, especially when he was younger... anytime he even thought they might cry or otherwise be loud he would freak out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Usually a few minutes. Depends on their mood. My kids are 4, 7, 8 and turning 10. It's usually the 10yo that starts stuff then cries foul when the other kids retaliate. The 8yo (the only boy) also likes to bug the girls.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Mine are one and six months .. so until one wants something like food or a drink.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010