Party decorating ideas for 90th birthday party? HELP!

I am in charge of decorating my husband's grandmothers 90th birthday party. We are having it a church fellowship hall. With family & friends there will be close to 100 people invited. It is on July 9th so some will be on vacation. I especially need ideas for the dinner tables. Should I do red, white & blue since it is right after July 4th. Need HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do a theme that shows her many eras. Starting with the year she was born, and work your way up to the present. You could have some pics displayed of her years of growing up. If you have someone who cud put together a slide show of her 90 yrs and having it play on a TV screen? Just do some research and get pics of perhaps THE movie stars..or singers of the different decades. I will try to think of other things.
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Red, white and blue table decor sounds like a really nice idea. Get some relatives to tell funny or sweet stories of her.
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I like Del's ideas. I think I might look into blowing up copies of some old photos of her and her friends and family if you can. Red, White, & Blue is fine and easy to find this time of year, or you could go with something that she specifically likes such as a certain type of flower or her fevorite color. You could make family bouquets with pictures of all the members of each family on sticks in vases on the tables.
    Anonymous