How do you cope with leaving your 12 week old at daycare and returning to work full time

I breastfeed and she is still waking up 2 times a night to feed, meaning I will be very tired returning to work

ajlarsen

Asked by ajlarsen at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep, you will be very tired... but you will survive

make sure you have everything ready to go the night before, it will make your mornings easier

oh, and come join the full time workin mamas group!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• yep, you will be tired ... personally I put my ds in bed with me and would switch breasts every time he woke up ... actually the easiest way to feed him (not so for his sister though ... each one is diff)
    You can do it... its not easy but it can be done. I would call at least one time during the day to check on him and pump as much as pos. at work.
    Let house work slide and put sleep first for a while. you'll make it.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Oh yes, you're going to be exhausted. Mine went to daycare FT starting at 10 wks. and I went back to work FT. She woke up every 3 hours unitl she was 6 mos. so you can imagine my complete and utter exhaustion. If you have a helpful husband try pumping and having him feed. We never did that b/c it was just easier for me to bf. But, like the previous poster said, you will survive and the baby will eventually sleep until you are just like everyone else and getting a full night's sleep. coffee is your best friend until then!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Oh and I remember telling my friend "I am soooo tired, I will never sleep again.!" I honestly thought I was going to always be sleep deprived, but now she is 15 mos. and I barely remember it! It goes by so fast.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You just do the best you can and remember that it will only be like this for a short time. You prioritize and prepare in advance as much as possible. If you haven't learned to delegate things to your spouse you start doing that; for instance he can't breastfeed in the middle of the night, but he can do the dishes and let you go to bed early. You can put some things off until the weekend, and you can relax your standards on some things. Your baby will eventually sleep more, and so will you. You can do it one day at a time.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thanks to all! Very helpful
    ajlarsen

Answer by ajlarsen at 8:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010