If God gave me a vision, would you believe it just like you believe the bible?

If God gave me a vision and i reiterated my vision here on CM would you believe me? The bible is inspired word and visions given to ancient people, so what makes their inspirations and visions more credible than mine or anyone else's for that matter? I always wondered what merits a "vision".

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 4:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, it's your vision and has meaning to you. I wouldn't necessarily discount your vision either. I believe in the Bible because I believe in the teachings of Jesus.  He wanted us to care more for each other and take care of the poor. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i thinki would have to know you, maybe not know you know you, but i mean make sure you aren't just making itup? im not sure. i guess God would let me know somehow if you were lying.
    Anonymous

• LOL. This is hypothetical, but let's assume I'm an honest person for agruments sake.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• nope, because their bible tells them that everything else which is not written in it is from the dark side- and that they must not be fooled by it. doncha know that they're the only ones who are allowed to be crazies?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• they had really nice pure acid back then which gave them life like visions. Today all of our drugs are tainted. I wouldnt trust your vision..sorry.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• obbydobbie thats not true. and i cannot stand you i think i may block you because you are an ignorant close minded, little person. that only frustrates me and i do not need such a negative person in my life. Goodbye.
    Anonymous

-----------------------------------
    I'm sorry, but that's not what I asked. Anyway...what will she care if you block her? It doesn't sound like the two of you communicate much anyhow. Can we stick to topic please?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i like ryansmom's answer. I think she said it good! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• LMAO @ Anon~ sorry that you're uber affected, but that seems like a personal problem. :)

And, actually, the bible does expressly state that all other teachings are false. But, what do I know... I've only read it a couple times.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• So, God doesn't give people visions anymore right? Because that would be considered a teaching that is outside of it? I just wondered what makes one person's vision true and the other false. I guess that's why there are many different denominations.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010