How is the area of where you live

I live in Temple Hills, Maryland. If I had to rate it I would give it a 7 just this specific area of Temple Hills. I do want to move tho just because I was raised in DC(I live like literally 2 min from Dc) all my life and I want a change of scenery...maybe the suburbs.
Do you like where you live? How would you rate it 1-10(10 being I love it!!)
Do you see yourself raising your little ones in that area

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 4:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe a 7... we live in a nice house, with a big yard, in quiet suburbia. We're outside of Charleston, SC... and I love it down here. But the locals, man. I want to live where there are some normal ppl! LOL
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I do not like where I live. SW Oklahoma. DH retired from the army here. Got a job here. I rate this place a 2/terrible. I would rather be in Texas.

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 9-We live in a really rich area, but not everyone is snooty like the places surrounding us. Even the "slums" of Castle Rock, Colorado are nice lol. The schools are in the top 3% in the country, and it is a very safe place to live! The -1 point is for the yuppies who think they are better than you.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i like where i live. its nice and out of the city out here...but i absolutely hate going anywhere near ATLANTA. i live about 40 minutes from atlanta and i cant stand going anywhere near there. The traffic, the people, the city is nothing but trash. You need an extra pair of eyeballs to put in the back of your head to walk around down there.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 7- I live in Savannah, Ga. If I could move Savannah out of Georgia and into North Carolina I would give it another point. Then if the weather was a bit more seasonal another point, and finally if it was closer to family there would be the last point.

But overall I really like Savannah. I like that it isn't a big city, but it still has LOTS to do- especially for the outdoorsy type. TONS of parks and trails. There is the beach about 20 mins from where I live. The downtown area is gorgeous with all of the historical houses. The great thing about Savannah is that it is a touristy town so lots of stuff to do- the bad thing is all of the dang tourists ;p
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 4:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I live in NW NJ, I love it here. We're out in the sticks of NJ, lots of land, farms, beautiful scenery, a ski resort 5 mins away....we're 2 minutes to the NY State border, about 30 mins from PA, maybe an hour to NYC and about 3 hours to the shore. We have an acre that backs to the Appalachian Trail. Great community, very family oriented, great schools. I rate it an 8.... the reason it loses points is because even this far out, NJ is EXPENSIVE. And although I LOVE the rural-ish feel, I do miss having shopping close by....its about 35-40 mins to shop for anything other than groceries.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Do you like where you live?   I live in Ontario, Canada and I love it here.

How would you rate it 1-10(10 being I love it!!)   I would rate my area 10.

Do you see yourself raising your little ones in that area.  Already did.  My girls were 2 1/2 and just turned 7 when we moved here from England and they are now 13 and 17 1/2.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I live in Baltimore now and I don't like it. I would give it a 5.I was born and raised in PG County(grew up in Brandywine,MD) and I would like to move back to be close to my family.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Oh, and i would rate my exact location a 5...i would much rather be in Tn..right outside of Knoxville where my grandparents live. It is so beautiful there
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Well, I live in Los Angeles, I'd rate it a 6.. We live in between two main roads so our road has some traffic now and then.. But what do you expect living in a big city?

The yard is medium sized, but we play in our backyard more often than not. Plus, we live with my in-laws until we finalize our paperwork for our own hmoe, where as we'll live in the desert with anywhere from 4-5 acres of play room for our little one.

But it gets such a 'high' rating because there's always something to do. When dd and I get bored where we are, we can ride the bus or take the metro/train to just about anywhere for about a dollar (She's f ree) unless we walk, then it's free for us both. I like having variety in things we're able to do.
    Anonymous