i dont know what to do about my guardian adlitem!My abusive ex seems to be winning her over because i have no proof that he was ever abusive!!! we cut ties with my family and friends when i moved in with him and now whats left is that the guardian adlitem is hearing his family and friends who are bad mouthing me!!!!

everytime i talk with G/A i just feel like i dig myself a deeper hole. i did some really stupid things the past few years while my son was little. my 10 month old daughter's dad is now trying to get custody of her and i feel like im in a losing battle. we dont have the final report in but i feel like giving up because it seems like everything i say just comes off sounding really immature and i realize that i have been a bad mother. in my sons 4 years of life we have moved around a lot. we lived with my folks for the first 15 months after he was born then moved in with his dads sister then with his dad then with the sister again then into an apartment then my son moved with my mother while i moved into a room in a house and then we moved in with my daughters father then into an apartment where we are now. i have also told her my mothers an alcoholic. i have no room in my 1 bd apt while he would giver her a room of her own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont know why im adding this post but i guess i just need to hear what you ladies think. I dont know what to do... i dont want my daughter to be with him because of his abuse toward my son. plus he always told me he would be harder on my daughter than on my son since she is his child and my son isnt. i worry for her. if he wasnt so abusive i might think his home would be more suitable for her, but he doesnt even say hi to her or bye to her when he does pick up and drop off. i just dont know what to do. what are your thoughts?
    Anonymous

• Why do you have a g/a they are for children. They are the ones who speak for the child in court.
    Anonymous

• We're not bashing but anon 3:04 is right. Kids don't get a G/A without abuse charges or something else harmful to a child, not just moving around too much.
    Anonymous

• My husband had a GAL ordered in his divorce, and there was no abuse involved. Often they are assigned when the parents can't communicate. In any case, you have to be honest with the GAL, and hope for the best. If you can't prove abuse, it's not going to factor in the GAL's decision.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010