Have you ever touched someone's life (online) that you never met?

Apparently I have. I just got a message which I've received from several fellow CM friends. This time I got it from someone I've never even heard of. LOL! It's the one that starts like this:

I am supposed to pick 12 women who have touched my life online (never met) and who I think might participate. I think that if this group of women were ever to be in a room together, there is nothing that would be impossible. I hope I chose the right twelve. May my hugs, love, gestures and communications remind you how special you are. Remember to make a wish before you read the quotation. That's all you have to do. There is nothing attached.....

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 4:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I was on YoVille from facebook. I was going from group to group seeing what was going on. I met someone who was down and feeling that God had cast him from ever going to Heaven. After much talk and prayer - I led him to Christ. We have been friends from that time. We talk at least 3 -4 times a week. It is the coolest ever. He's in Greece and I'm in the USA!!
    Coeykid

Answer by Coeykid at 11:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• Yes, most definitely - I was just thinking about him! how Ironic. it was Summer 2006 and I was on my last leg (so to speak). I had seriously contemplated suicide - because I was in a horrible abusive marriage and everything in my Life looked so grim and destitute. But somehow this man who was married w/2.1 children and he was deployed in Afghanistan crossed into my Yahoo Blog. We became instant friends and his 'boosting up' my morale (which is also what he did for his troops) was genuinely a LifeSaver. I guess this is backwards from the actual Question posed, though!
    americanpoppy

Answer by americanpoppy at 10:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Here's what I'm thinking....you have no clue who she is, but your posts make her smile and she loves your questions and responds often. Maybe she loves you because you choose her as "best answer" a lot. At the very least, you should probably add her to your e-Chrismahanakwanzakah list.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not sure, but I do not buy into the friendship emails or anything like this. Its a thoughtless gesture to say "thinking of you but would rather not tell you myself."
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 4:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• its just a chain letter.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I realize it's a chain letter. I just found it amusing that I got it from someone I've never even HEARD of. IT'S FUNNY!!!!!!! (ha ha)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• seriously I have had made some awesome online friends through blogs --even though I haven't meet them I do consider them my friends.
    5forjulie

Answer by 5forjulie at 6:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I've never been told that I have.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Stormywaters03, I'd like to think that's true but it was on Facebook. However, your reply humored me anyway!!! =)
    firenicecream

Comment by firenicecream (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010