How to have fun on your birthday?

I'm 19, I haven't gotten anything for my birthday since I was 7, and every year is just more dissapointing whether people forget, don't care, no party, or it ends up being about someone else... and now I have 2 young children and am turning 20. I don't want to babysit that one day because I am a stay at home mom. My husband wants to take me out to eat at the same place we always go, so that doesn't sound fun to me either, I wanted to go to hershey park for a few hours, but he doesn't want to. Last year I got the livingroom carpet that we needed and we went to virginia while I held my 4 month old daughter in the water park the whole time while he and his kids played on the waterslides and swam and checked out the women with actual bikini bodies. Can anyone give me a good idea of something I may enjoy, maybe something fool proof that I can't end up upset or sad? Should I do something alone?

not-so-des-hw

Asked by not-so-des-hw at 5:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well, today was my birthday actually, and I had a blast! But I did the things I enjoy. I chose the restaurant (keeping our budget in mind) and my MIL babysat my kid. We just tidied the house together in the morning, played with my toddler a little, then went to an afternoon movie and an early dinner. We did some window shopping and walked around holding hands and enjoying not having a kid for an afternoon. It was AWESOME!

I guess you have to look at your expectations. I was totally touched that my friends wished me happy birthday on facebook. I didn't expect surprises or anyone to go out of their way for me.

Although, right now I'm wishing I had some cheesecake. :)

Just enjoy your birthday. YOU make it special, don't require everyone around you to do it for you, ya know? :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Why does he get to decide? If you want to go to hershey park, go. Its YOUR special day. Don't think about what everyone else will enjoy.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm with BusyBee. My fiance always asks me what I want to do and we do it. It's YOUR birthday, not HIS. What makes it his decision?
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• He's not a jerk, he just has trouble thinking about other people and what they would enjoy as opposed to himself, and when he starts having fun he forgets there's anyone else around him, that's just him... well that's a lot of guys but yeah...
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 6:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010