Stay at home Moms, I love my babies but how do you handle the" kid talk", questions all day till hubby gets home?

I get out without them with friends and on my own but sometimes I just want to scream because it is so hard not being able to think my own thoughts for a whole day. They both have nap and quiet time but that is not enough. Any tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Want to switch? I went out for 3 hours on Sunday and that was to say goodbye to my SO(loong story but he's in jail now) So that was not fun! Naps god what are those? Haven't had my DD take a nap in about 1 year! You are lucky!!!!!!!!!! Sorry but you are being selfish here! You have grown up time and all that and STILL complain about your kids! How dare you. You know that there are people who WISH they could say what you're saying. Some women loos their babies even have children pass away. Some never are able to have kids. The day I was complaining to an older friend who has no kids about my DD and my step sons and she turned to me and said with tears in her eyes"YOU ARE SOO LUCKY I WISH I WAS YOU." I stopped complaining!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• it's hard...... just make use of the nap time. Do what makes you happy. Blog, work on cha-cha or kgb, make phone calls (dentist, doctor appointments, reservations, etc etc anything to get an adult on the phone) text a friend you haven't talked to in awhile.

depending on the ages of your kids, try and do more "adult" things. for example I now take my 4 year old daughter to get a pedicure with me. or a museum w/ my 5 y/o son, library..... anything with grownups and to get away from the house/mess/toys
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Wow.. you sound lucky.. both taking naps and you get out .. Before I got a job to get out of the house.. I dealt with it alllll day.. You just do. It will only last a little while.. try changing your attitude to enjoy it.. its hard, but it makes it funner. Just get stupid with them..lol.
    Anonymous

• I dont mind. I love their inquisitiveness so I deal with it. My oldest is especially annoying with questions and such(he's 6)then I ask him to wait a while to ask me more. If he wont chill out with questions then I ignore him for a bit.

As for "kid talk", Im not sure what you mean. Do you mean their gibberish before they actually say regular words and phrases?? If so, I just encourage them to speak in words I can understand and they usually do clear their gibberish up. Otherwise I do a lot of ahh's and ok's,etc. Most of the time my kids jabber just to hear their voices they dont need me to answer them or anything else.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would love to know but as much as I love my kids, it still unnerves me by late afternoon. I don't even get to get out by myself either so that sucks. What I really hate is when my DH works late or accepts a last minute invitation to an evening out with his co-workers. That is when I start really looking forward to being out of school and working for a paycheck again. The tables will turn.
    Anonymous

• i found myself speaking to any adult longer than socailly polite
    like anyone in line at gorcery store
    a telemarker wanted to get me off the phone
    adult conversation is such a luxury
    been there done that

chatting on here helps
    just wait until yours are older (you sound like yours very young)
    you will find yourself humming the theme to Elmos world, or something else just as mind bending

know that you are not alone, we are just all separated

or should I say
    baba gaga, da, (burp) dadad (fart) (oops that was a fart with a bonus poo)

lol, I seem to need more adult time=ya think
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Give them something to play with and put on a tv show for yourself for an hour or so. Kids need to learn toentertain themselves. So many parents think that they have to constantly entertain their kids. My son has a wonderful imagination and can play by himself and be completely content.
    Anonymous

• Just learn to block some of it out. Put a video in. But you are going to miss a lot. They are only little once. Will miss some amazing times with your kids. So try to be present as much as possible. One question, what are naps?
    Anonymous

• Thanks for all the great answers! I know I should not be complaining, I just sometimes feel like how many more questions can I answer and how many more ways can I make believe. We do arts but not a lot, he is not into it. I am trying other ideas any ideas there. Quiet time and nap time is 1:30- 3:15 give or take. I really want to be the best for them that is why I am asking for help. thanks
    Anonymous