How to handle having to drop off baby at daycare for the first time?

Returning to work full time. She will be 12 weeks old. I know lots of moms do it but I have such anxiety about it!!

ajlarsen

Asked by ajlarsen at 5:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will be fine she probably won't even notice. my son was 1.5 when he started and he would scream and scream so i had to just drop him off and run.....it was sad but that only lasted for a week and sometimes when we don't take him there for awhile. It made me feel bad that i was leaving but I knew inside i was doing the right thing for our family.GL
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It sucks, but it does get a little easier. As hard as it is, try not to let her see that you are stressed about it. Even as babies, they can tell when we're freaking out about something :) Try to be as upbeat as possible and not drag it out, drop her off, give her one kiss and goodbye and you're out the door. As the PP said, since you're starting young, she probably won't even notice unless you're really tense about it. Good luck!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• this is how it went for me my son was 12 weeks he didnt even notice but i cried and worreid about him all day...as he got older he would notice i was leaving and cry and know hes 4 and cant stop asking me is it time to go to the sitters lol.....good luck
    Anonymous

• idk, but i want to let you know that im in the same boat. in a couple of weeks my kds will be in daycare, my twin boys are almost 4 so its school to them and they r very excited. my daughter is one and a half and she screams and cries and gags herself for the 45 minutes i am working out at the ymca lol so i am so nervous. but so long as the daycare provider is warm and patient and understanding they will work with your baby and you know she is gettgin the bes care~!
    alotta_fagina

Answer by alotta_fagina at 9:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thank you all so much. I appreciate all the input! I don't get a chancr to get on a lot!
    ajlarsen

Answer by ajlarsen at 8:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2010