do u consider a mattress on the floor trashy?

like no "bed" just a mattress and/or boxspring on the floor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Heck no. I consider it FUN!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't think so, sometimes you have to make due with what you have.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We have a low profile box spring and a double pillow top mattress and it sits on the floor or I wouldn't be able to get onto the bed. I don't think that it is necessarily trashy. A mattress on the floor with no box spring is trashy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Eh, kinda lol... That's what we have in our room right now too lol (mattress and box-spring, I have a dust ruffle over the box spring though so it doesn't look TOO trashy, I hope... I'm getting a bed this summer though, I was going to get a nice canopy bed from Crate and Barrel a few years ago and they discontinued it when I went in to buy it, I would have had to buy the floor model and it was pretty banged up. I spent the next couple years trying to find another similar bed that I liked and never did. I've been so busy lately that I haven't really been looking for one and tend to forget that I even need one!

But to answer the question, yeah i think it's kinda trashy so I'll be getting one this summer, even if it's not 100% what I'm looking for!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Oh and DD (2years) co-slept with us for her 1st 12 months so I kind of liked that the bed was so low then :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If you can sleep on it who cares what it looks like.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Asian countries all have their mattresses on the floor
    patswif

Answer by patswif at 6:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I hope not. I'm moving and not taking my box spring because it's wrecked.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No, you can actually set up a mattress on the floor in a fashionable way. Like one of the other ladies above said, in the asian countries, a lot of people have thier beds on the floor. I would google how to make it look nice and work it into your deocr. And if your just in limbo with getting a frame, metal frames are about $50+
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's trashy. When my DD was two she started climbing in and out of her crib, so we took it away so she wouldn't get hurt. She HATED the bed we put in her room. She grabbed one of her shoes one day and started hitting the bed, saying, "going to break that bed!". She was sleeping on the floor instead of the bed by her own choice, so we dismantled the bed and put her mattress on the floor. She slept that way for about a year, then we bought her a canopy bed for her birthday. She loves it and sleeps there now.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010