I know its normal to tell people you are expecting but how normal is it to tell your family and friends that you are ttc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We tell our family but only cuz we have fertility issues and we have to go through lots of treatment and appointments.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't think it's very normal but that might just be me. I'm very private about some things, this is one of them. The only reason I can think of that a couple might want to share that is if there are fertility problems that are being dealt with.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Depends on how open you are with your family and whether they will be pestering you every month (so are you pregnant yet?). We told my SIL and my mother, but that is because I am very close with them and knew they wouldn't constantly be asking me.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I tell EVERYBODY! LOL! And they ask me often how it's going. I want them to know I want another child. I don't want to hide it or lie and say we're waiting.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It's normal but I would only do it if you are sure you want people asking about it/thinking about it... all the time! This may not be a problem if it happens quickly, but think what happens if, heaven forbid, it should take a long time? It would get to be a sensitive subject. I've always told a close friend that it could be a possibility soon, we'll see... Family, no. I think it's fun to surprise them. Again, that's just how I do it, but it's totally normal to tell people if you want to.
    Anonymous

• We were very open about it because we were excited and wanted to share it with our family and friends. I wish that we had been more private. It has been 14 years and there have been no pregnancies. We adopted two beautiful children, so the infertility was a blessing, but I'd rather that not everyone know about the trouble we had and what we went through.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2010