I am pretty close with my MIL..i tell her a lot of private things and my dh knows i tell her and he doesnt care...

it bothers me though that she will later nag at him about things i tell her or pester him. He doesnt seem bothered by it. It just bothers me because i feel like it was private talk. Like the other day she says "you better go get some rest because you got some work cut out for ya this weekend trying to make me a grandchild"...it was just embarrassing for her to say something like that. How can i tell her without hurting her feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Stop telling her things like that and she'll stop repeating them

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• admckenzie took the words right outta my keyboard!!! THIS will come back to bite you in the butt !!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 6:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• What happens between you & your DH is NOBODYS business. It is great that you have a good relationship with your MIL but you are crossing the line telling her personal info. It may eventually backfire on you. Make small talk but nothing personal. It is not healthy. Just stop telling her things & you wont have to hurt her feelings.
    Anonymous

• Just simply explain to you like you just did. Tell her you just need someone to talk to but would appreciate it if you could keep it between the two of you. If your close with her I'm sure she will understand.

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• stop telling her those type of thing...jeesh I can't imagine that!
    Anonymous

• Telling your family or his family details of your relationship is NOT a wise idea...I promise you this. You need to start censoring your conversations and stop telling her things that you don't want repeated as other mom's have also said.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010