Acne..Will it ever go away

I am 27 years old. I have had acne for about the last 7 yrs. It was made worse after the birth of my children. I have tried everything to get rid of it. Somethings work great for a while but then after so long just end up making it worse. I am now at the point where I am fed up with all acne lotions,medications,scrubs ect. So I am just using plain old water to wash with and I have been trying super hard not to pick at my face. What else can I do or try that will make it all go away??? HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have no clue.. I am 34 and still battle with it sometimes. It is hormonal and I have it worse now than when I was a teen.. I go through periods of bad and then nothing for months.. It doesn't bother me anymore. Most of the time it is really mild. I bought all kinds of stuff and proactive but nothing helped me either.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone on this one.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm 29, and I still battle with this myself. The best thing that I have found is Proactive. I also use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Makeup. Mine never goes completely away, but using these, helps to keep it manageable.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 6:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Try Witch Hazel. It comes in an astringent form, and is available at most grocery and places like RiteAid, Sav-on, etc. Good Luck!!
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• ACCUTANE!!!! I took it last year and it was the best thing in the world!!! I still look at my face til this day and I amazed! No more acne! Look into it! They recalled the accutane, but I took a different brand of it! GL!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Mine finally calmed down in my 40's when I started drinking lots of water. I was thrilled and now have Rosecea (adutl acne). I'm no longer thrilled. At least this isn't scarring me like the cystic acne did for years.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• There's honestly a difference between acne and some zits, and I kinda hate the Proactiv commercials for perpetuating that a few zits are acne. No one I have ever seen on a Proactiv commercial has acne. None of them, especially the celebrities. Accutane is normally reserved for extreme acne, and a dermatologist can tell you if you need this. I have had cystic acne since I was around 11. I took accutane for about a year, and it cleared up for about a year. I have scarring on my face, neck, and shoulders from this, and unfortunately there's not much you can do about it. I now have hidradenitis suppurativa, which is by far the most horrendous skin disease I can imagine, could be biased there though. I personally have no luck with any soaps or lotions other than Dial Antibactieral, and it can do nothing for hormonal flare ups. Good luck, I think acne treatment kind of has to be different for everyone, so I recommend a dermatologist
    caiti

Answer by caiti at 7:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had the same problem until I discovered Jordan Essentials. I use the Gentle Face bar & Shea Body butter on my face. It cleared up deep embedded acne & all the red marks. There's no mineral oil, parabens, sls, or isopropyl alcohol. I've been using the products for nearly 4 years now.  My skin has never looked better. I'm constantly getting complements on my complexion.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010