Lexapro and liver enzymes

I have been on zoloft and my liver enzymes were borderline high, now I am on lexapro and they have doubled. But my Dr is doubling my lexapro dose...I am worried about taking it. I just had a liver biopsy done Monday so hopefully I can find out about that soon. Has anyone had this problem while taking lexapro?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• I had to stop taking Lexapro before I even started! It was prescribed for me just after a bout with kidney stones. I can't have oxalates bc of the stones and doggone if Lexapro isn't an oxalate! Sometimes doctors just don't listen or are not paying attention or something. Personally I wouldn't take the higher dosage until I found out the results of the biopsy. It's almost like you need to ask the dr "what are you thinking?"

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would go to another doctor for a second opinion. If you liver enzymes are high you could fry your liver.
    Anonymous