old wives tales. do you believe in them?

i wanna know what old wives tales you believe in. and do you believe in the heart rate tale?

if youre having a girl the heart rate is more than 145-150 and if you are having a boy the heart rate is lower.

what do you all think?

vmoneyb7

Asked by vmoneyb7 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's not an old wives tale really because it does come from a scientific fact that womens heart rates are faster than mens. also the string test is based on a fact of energy. if you hand a string with a bit of weight over a woman the string will spin in a circle because a womans energy causes it to spin in a circle. same with a mans energy causing the string to spin in a pendulum motion. so those two actually come from fact
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• hang*
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• "if youre having a girl the heart rate is more than 145-150 and if you are having a boy the heart rate is lower"

Thats not a old wives tale.

but no I don't believe in the old wives tales
    Anonymous

• no i don't believe it.
    http://www.obgyn.net/medical.asp?page=/english/pubs/features/dubose/ehr-age
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If the two old wive's tales mentioned are true like the pp's seem to think they are, then my boy is a girl. His heart rate was always aroun 150-160, and the ring spun in a circle. No, I don't believe them.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• the heart rate thing is a tale, I asked 2 different ob's. I though it was true and so did my mom, but its not.
    norahsmommy

Answer by norahsmommy at 8:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• The heart rate thing is a myth - all 5 of mine have had heart rates in the 140s-150s depending on the visit, I have 3 boys, 1 girl and due with my 2nd girl in July

Answer by missanc at 9:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't believe in them but they're fun. Like the one that said heartburn meant the baby was growing hair! Seemed to be "true" for me!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my baby's heart rate is 125 and its a girl so no don't believe that one..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I dont believe in them my reason is My sons heart rate was also in the 160's and he is def all boy my girls were always in the 140's and they r all girls..as for the heartburn and babys hair that 1 I believe lol I had heart burn with my youngest and she was born with a full head of hair with my oldest and my son I didnt have heartburn and they were born pretty much bald.the penny/ring thing its been right with all 3 of my kids.
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010