What sorts of things do you do to save your family money?

Any tips or hints? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We got rid of all of our frozen foods and boxed foods. Everything is made homemade. Its a hell of alot cheaper.
    I plan out meals I buy 12 meals for 130 bucks. Thats including spices and everything else I need for them. All of them have meat involved.
    We unplug all electronics when not using them. We wash dishes by hand not with a dish washer. We also wash clothes after 9 because in this state its cheaper.
    Those are a couple of things.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• buying alot of stuff 2nd hand or at the dollar stores

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 1. I rarely shop without coupons.

2. I don't own a car. Taking the bus saves a lot of money.

3. take advantage of mail-in rebates for everyday items.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 1.don't spend it in the first place.
    Makes saving a whole lot easier, ya know?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Only buy sale items (groceries, clothing, accessories), clip coupons and obtain online coupon codes for things like free shipping and percentages off total orders, sign up for then quickly cancel promotional "savings plan/club" offers after getting whatever I want, buy in bulk, and only what we truly need!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 1.don't spend it in the first place.

this ^^^^^^^
    Anonymous

• Ok, I'll stop being sarcastic for a minute.
    Nobody can truly save money, REAL MONEY, until they get rid of their desire to "have things". I don't care how many items you buy on SALE-you are still SPENDING. And spending to fulfill a need to have things or feel better about yourself.
    Get whatever problem you have to begin with that causes your need to buy stuff and you'll not have money problems. Money problems occur because of underlying OTHER problems.
    1.Reduce or Remove the costs involved with things you HAVE to buy like gas, insurance, food, utilities.
    2. STOP repeatative buying
    3.Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
    4.Take anything that anyone will GIVE you and resell it, donate it, or give it away.
    5.Pay yourself first and DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE PRINCIPLE until retirement.
    6. Find FREE resources for saving, investing and living on less online or your local library
    7. Read the Bible and learn Reciprocity Laws.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Get rid of*****
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Buy in bulk. Run around the house turning off the lights my husband leaves on.
    Shauntae

Answer by Shauntae at 7:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 1) Buy a used vehicle and drive it until it dies, but take good care of it while we have it so it lasts a long time.
    2) Cut off all electrical appliances during the day except for what is absolutely necessary. In the evenings I do the laundry, cooking, and run the dishwasher when it is cooler. We rarely watch tv.
    3) Buy only what is necessary and never buy anything with a coupon unless it is something we regularly use.
    4) Make our meals from scratch to reduce bad habits and to control portions.
    5) Make a large casserole, separate it into individual serving portions, and freeze them. The night before my husband works he puts one in the fridge and then puts it in his lunchbox in the morning. At lunch he zaps it and has a warm, homemade meal.
    6) Drink tap water!
    7) Pay more on high APR cards to get them paid off first and then pay more on the rest. Close cc accounts with high APR & limits.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010