Do you buy mostly name brand or generic?

When referring to household products and food, do you usually buy name brand or generic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Depends on what it is, some food is alright generic or store brand but some things NEED to be name brand (for example cheese, laundry soap, fabric softner) also depends on which store I am at, Meijers has good name brand things, but kroger or Walmart not so much...
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Name Brand. Not because it's name brand but because of taste or effectiveness..

Anonymous

• generic, but it depends on the type of food. if i know the generic is just as good(and some are actually better) I stick with thata, but some things I like the name brand.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• neither...store brand
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• store brand medicines and storage bags,aluminum foil etc,name brand food

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It depends on what it is.
    I will try something in the generic or store brand, but if it does not meet my standards then I will buy the name brand.
    Some items I will automatically buy only in the name brand because I have used them for so many years that I know their effectiveness and don't want to mess around with anything else.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Both.  I'm picky about some things and want the brand name.  Most store brands are cheaper and just as good as the name brands, and  there are a few things where I prefer the store brand over the name brand.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Ever since I discovered Aldi's, I pretty much shop there and most of their foods are generic. I will buy name brands when there's a great sale.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It really depends on what it is. Basic food items, like milk, flour, sugar, etc., I'll just buy whatever is cheapest. It's the same with canned or frozen vegetables usually. Other items, like mac and cheese, I buy the name brands. The same goes for soups, and other various items. As for cleaning products, that also depends. I do buy name brand laundry detergent and fabric softener always, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• generic or store brand. About the only thing we by name brand is our toilet paper. It's the only one that doesn't give us a problem with the septic tank.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 8:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010