For thoes who ever used IUD for birth control

Whats your input on it? Did you like it? why? why not? and did your husband/so ever complain about feeling it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband said he felt it. I didn't have it for long because as I was researching it, I decided I couldn't risk my fertility. So, I had it removed. Probably not much help. Please research before you decided on ANY IUD.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 2 years and I love it. No periods!!!!!! No remembering anything.
    Yes, my husband said he could feel it for like the first month or 2. Perfectly normal. He doesn't feel it anymore.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have the mirena. It took my body a few weekes to adjust so I spotted off and on and cramped off and on. It made me feel evry BLAH. I even considered taking it out but once my body adjusted it was fine. My SO doesn't ever feel it. I personally like it but he has a vasectomy so will remove it soon. I have had no issues and have had it since my 2 yr old was like 4 mos.
    Anonymous

• I got the paraguard IUD. No hormones, which is great. You don't have to remember to change anything and it's good for 10 years, if you want to keep it that long. It was a little uncomfortable at first, until my body got used to it. My DH has never felt it. Spotted off and on for about 6months, but no other problems. Had mine since my son was 6 weeks old and he'll be 4years old in August.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had a copper seven for many years, and it was great neither did I or hubby ever felt it.

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had one for about 8 years in the 80s. It hurt like crazy going in and was painful for several hours while I cramped from it. However, after that, I never felt it again and neither did my husband. And it prevented me from getting pregnant without having to take hormones.Worked for us.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I love my Paragard IUD - I've had it for about 5 months now.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i had mirena, i had it for 2 yrs, i loved that i didnt have periods anymore and sometimes hubby said he hit it and it hurt when we were having sex, about a half a year before i had it tooken out i started hurting really bad so i finally got it tooken out and i feel much better got pregnant after first period and went threw a miscariage!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010