Why do people assume things are like they see on TV?

Why do people who watch Toddlers and Tiaras on TV think that all pageants are like that? I mean that is just assuming something because they don't really know what else to say about pageants.

FYI people pageants are not all like that on TV.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• people being stupid. it just keeps getting worse and worse
    Anonymous

• no, the reality is that they're worse... and the reason I detest living where it's considered socially acceptable at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I think because it is a well known fact that beauty pageants are full of moms who just want to live vicariously through their daughters and force them to look and act like adults just so they can finally feel as though they are socially acceptable. BTW - I have felt that way for years and have never laid eyes on "Toddlers and Tiaras".

Anonymous

• Better yet, why do people watch reality TV? It's not like it's "real".
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• anon at 8:06 u dont know about pageant then if u think that. did u know that (omg moment) not all pageants are like that? It is shocking i know.
    Anonymous

• You can defend pageants all you want but (OMG moment) the majority of people look down on them and think they are ridiculous. Shocking, I know!
    Anonymous

• maybe they only look down on them because they think they are like the ones on TV. Hmmmm guess u didn't think of that. dimwit.

a majority of pageants dont even make children wear makeup and base it on the child being happy.

o.O

I know it is truly shocking to know that.
    Anonymous

• Most intelligent people don't get their information from reality shows. Whatever, keep defending them, I really don't care. You are just pissed because I hit the nail on the head; Pageants are filled with mommies such as yourself that are doing it for themselves and NOT their daughters. You have fun though.
    Anonymous

• Who said I did pageants? good for you for assuming things. dumb dumb
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My guess is because they don't know any better, and if TV is the only source they have, then just go with it. I get that a lot with people who have never been to California who think I'm nuts for leaving it and hating to live there. They think it's like TV and it's totally not.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010