How do you get a child to swallow finger foods

I have a 14 month old and he refuses to swallow anything unless it is pureeded. I have been trying for 2 months now and it doesnt seem any better. My pedi is no help they keep saying JUST KEEP TRYING. I am looking for any advise anyone can give me.

lam4675

Asked by lam4675 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I kind of thought that was an automatic bodily function. Better find another pedi if they can't help:)
    Anonymous

• when i babysat a child that was 18 months he would not chew his food all he did was swallow it whole even now at 2 and a half he still don't chew his food good its sooo nasty how he eat he fills his mouth up will chew two times it will all be like falling out of his mouth and then he swallows and gets choked i have tried for ever to teach him
    Anonymous