OMG I NEED HELP ASAP!!! Cover letter?!?!?

Okay so there are TWO yes TWO amazing positions open working for the school system in my county...im pretty qualified for it, and the money is AMAZING compared to what im making now....problem is...im STUCK i have completed the entire packet for the job with the exception of the letter of intent!! ive googled samples and templates and i cant find anything that i can use...CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE the job closes in like 3 days and i NEED IT...THANKS!!!! any advice will be apreciated!

And no i cant afford to go see someone to professionally look over my resume and do a cover for me!?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• A few suggestions:
    1. Begin your letter with something like "I'm very excited about the [name of position] and
    2. Then give examples of your experience or successes with some of the specific things they mentioned they were looking for in their posting. For example, if they say they're looking for someone who completes projects on time, you could put in something about how you always completed your work on time or early.
    3. End with something like: I am very interested in speaking with you further about this position and can meet with you at your convenience.
    4. Have someone check the spelling and grammar.

You could also search Google for sample cover letters for a clerk position to see what pops up.

Good luck!
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 11:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• For what kind of job?
    Anonymous

• Its a Clerk position for a county school
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I've heard that a cover letter is not necessary anymore due to the limited time employers have to review the resumes. I would suggest to write a brief note stating the position you're applying and your contact information. wishing you all the luck!
    Anonymous