Are there people in your life that you remain friends with that never ask how your doing?

I have a friend who never asks how me or my family is doing. I ask her how she and her family is, and if there's anything they need etc to let me know.
I find it really depressing that she doesn't care about me....is that selfish to ask that a friend even care?....
I just don't get it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do friends on Cafemom count?? Yeah I do have one or two IRL. Here on CM though i am pretty bad about communications myself so I can't complain. When I do send out messages and updates on me, only two or three ever write back. So anon., How are you and your family doing?? Our vacation got cancelled and three of my kids are starting Extended School Year next week. There's a high school reunion next month I want to go to, but I don't know if I'll be able to make the trip yet. Part of me doesn't want to go and yet I think it might be kind of fun.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Maybe she assumes you are doing well unless you say otherwise.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OP here: to admckenzie: then wouldn't it be complaining to her if I had problems....and she didn't ask? and if everything's great...wouldn't it be bragging about how everything is wonderful?
    As a friend you should care how someone is doing?...
    Anonymous

• OP here...i'm talking about RL...lol She never asks how i'm doing....
    Sounds fun! HS reunion! 10 year or??? Awww...where were you going on vacation???? Are you sad you had to cancel it??? We're doing well...just 34wks preggo tomorrow and in a lot of pain :( Husband's busy with school and my twin boys are walking now! yay!
    Anonymous

• Maybe, it isn't that she doesn't care, it is that she was never taught that the world doesn't revolve around her. Did her family treat her as if she were the center of all things? If so, she wasn't taught that others' feelings are important. Just a thought. I do hope you are well and have had a good day though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Reunion would be 20 year. i couldn't go to the 10 year because I was pregnant at the time. We weree goingt o visit grandma and grandpa in Colorado, but the money we set aside had to be used to fix the plumbing and air conditioning in the house. Yeah we were kind of sad, but they might be able to make it to us instead. Kewl so almost there with the new baby. Twins ugh. I could never do it. My kids are 12,9,7,and 4. The three youngest are all boys and all have a degree of autism hence the ESY program. I don't sweat the real life friends who don't talk to me much. They have lives too and honestly sometimes mine gets so busy I neglect them too. I don't think they do it on purpose, and I know I don't do it on purpose. So do you know what the gender of the baby is?? If so is it what you hoped for or did you not care either way??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Some people are thoughtless. It does suck but it's true :-(

I've had plenty like that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Op here: to jesse:
    she used to ask how I was doing, she stopped talking to me for whatever reason...but this whole time i've kept contact with her, and ask how she and her family were doing. she now just responds to my inquiries and doesn't reciprocate any care/concern about me or my family. She doesn't try to even communicate with me...it's kind of wierd.
    Anonymous

• OP here: to 2autistic: how fun...I think you should go, just to see what everyone's up to after 20 years! Maybe see an old friend or two you haven't seen in ages! Aw, well I hope the grandparents can come your way this time since you can't go out there.
    Just found out it was a boy...this will be #4 for us...and we have a dd, 3 and the boys who are just coming up to 18 months now. Was hoping for another girl, but we're blessed just to have healthy babies!
    Anonymous

• If I can find the money I'll probably go. It's two states over and I'd have to fly out. Not crazy about flying. LOL Congrats on the new baby coming up shortly. Should have plenty of clothes and stuff. Healthy is always a good thing. i wanted a girl for my last one too. Didn't get a girl, but love my baby man so much it doesn't matter. Had my tubes tied off though so no more for me. Nice chatting with you. Take Care!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010