What age did your child start using a pillow and when did you switch them out of there crib?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was 14 m/o when i took him out of his crib (he was too long for it), Now he sleeps on the crib mattress in the floor next to my bed. He does not use a pillow yet and i am very curious as to when i should give him a pillow.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• DD was around 2 years, it was a mini pillow....and we switched her out of a crib when she was almost 3
    Anonymous

• DD was in a toddler bed at between 14-15 months ( just seemed ready for it) she insisted on using a pillow around 18 months(ish) she would fall asleep with it then i would remove it, i was nervous about it -- finally about 1 month later i decided she was fine and has been she is about 25 months now
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 8:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Switched to a toddler bed after her 2nd birthday, and she took to it very well. My advice on that is make the room very dark, and if they get up and play, let them. Gave her a pillow a week or so later because she kept waking up crooked and I thought it may keep her in the right direction. It's worked so far. Good luck! :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Honestly my son first had a pillow at about 9 months. It wasn't every night but he did just fine with it. If I felt he was getting himself into dangerous positions with it I wouldn't put it in there but he either laid his head correctly on it or slept on the other side of the mattress lol. He's 22 months now and still uses one occassionally but more often than not he throws it (and everything else) out of the crib so I don't even bother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2010