What Would You Do?

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/man-mutilates-kills-girls-pet-rabbits

what would you do if this happened to your 6 year old and it was all over the news every day for her to see?

babyluver321

Asked by babyluver321 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pets

• My 6 yr old doesn't watch the news or read the paper so that part wouldn't be a problem. Obviously I'd address what happened to her rabbits, but the media attention wouldn't be a factor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• wow that would make me mad i think i ask that it not be shown. no one really needs to see it.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 3:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'd make sure she didn't watch the news. Be honest though about someone who is very mean and bad doing something to the rabbits without the graphic details. Fudge if she asks!

It's a shame that there are such sick, twisted individuals roaming around, but that's the way it is these days. As long as they get only a slap on the wrist, they have no incentive to not cause harm and heartache (and I'm not just talking about animals).

If they catch the guy, he may have to pay a replacement cost for the rabbits ~ which is sort of meaningless when it's a pet :-( He may get some jail time, depends on the state laws. What's in your favor is that the incident was videotaped, and that may get him a stiffer sentence.

I've got a lot of pets, and livestock, and even out in the boonies this happens. If I caught someone harming mine they would likely need an ambulance.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010