What would you do if your husband won't buy your step daughter a bed?

We've been living together for almost 4 years now and she still doesn't have a bed. I don't have any money. He doesn't seem to concerned about it. She either sleeps on the couch, or a blow up mattress.. I think this is crap, shes part of this family too and I don't think he makes her feel it. He didn't buy the other beds for the kids, my parents did. But its not my mom and dads responsibility this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I said I don't have any money. I'm nine months pregnant. I can't buy the bed or I would have bought it by now. Yes, she has a room. She shares with our two year old. But she doesn't have a bed. She only stays 4 days a month, but I still feel that it is important for her to have a bed so she can feel that she is part of this home also.
    Anonymous

• if you have any control or acess to the finances, then start putting back money...even if it's a basic twin bed. does she even have a room to put it in? is she with you fulltime?
    Anonymous

• Does she even care? If he were to purchase a bed... would there be a bedroom to set it up in? Sleeping on the couch and/or air mattress indicates to me that she doesn't even have a bedroom. Maybe like.. a basement/living room?
    Anyway. I would set a designated spot/room for her, that is hers, or even sharing a bedroom, and set up that air mattress permanently.
    And start looking on Craigslist or something for a free bed.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• girl i would kick his ass !
    Anonymous

• check freecycle or craigslist for free or very cheap beds. I know my husband and I freecycled our king bed, and the boys' bunk beds when we bought new ones. They were still in very good condition, and I loved that I got to help out a family in need.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Aren't you concerned that you are married to a man that doesn't seem to care about his own child? That would be a HUGE turnoff for me and I would probably lose all respect for him. You need to be her hero and buy the bed and make her feel welcome in your family since her own father isn't willing to do it.
    Anonymous