Did you know about this Republican Plan?

Libs always have said the Republicans don't have a plan and are for more of the same. Of course they just never listen to Republican ideas. Check out Paul Ryans Budget committees ideas for getting America back on track. From Education to Healthcare to Social Security and more. This is a great website with loads of information if you look around.

Psssst...... Libs, don't look. We don't want you taking any of our ideas. LOL

http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nay, I don't want to hear what republican BS, because that's all it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• If Ryan wants to do away with Social Security,I don't like him. I worked for over thirty years and paid a huge chunk to Social Security over that period of time and I don't want him to take it away. That would be just as bad as having an employer take awsy your 401K. Right?
    But...just to be fair,I will read what Ryan has to say.....
    Anonymous

• I must say that he has some good ideas. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• That is EXCELLENT!! Now, to get Pelosi, Reid, Rangel, Dodd, Boxer, etc etc Obama on board with it.... I give it two thumbs up! I also took the survey on it, too!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

News flash, the way this Country is headed you will NEVER ever see a drop of that money you paid in anyway
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I worked for over thirty years and paid a huge chunk to Social Security over that period of time and I don't want him to take it away. That would be just as bad as having an employer take awsy your 401K. Right?

***

These were the SS estimates in '01--before Bush's tax cuts were implemented and the Democratic Congress' spending sprees!  Just wait until inflation and taxes skyrocket!

And somehow things are going to magically get better?  With an estimated 45% of the US population being over the age of 50 by 2015, and about 30% MORE collecting Social Security benefits, I don't see how the system is going to improve.

Continued

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• And as for Obama wanting to strip you of YOUR ability to manage your own 401k plan....apparently the government thinks it can do it better! Yeah, right!

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3478-obama-administration-plans-to-seize-401k-retirement-accounts

"accounts would be "free of inflation and market risk" because they would be under the direct and absolute control of the federal bureaucracy. There would be no risk because the funds would no longer be moored to the free market and subject to the fluctuations thereof. Rather, the retirement funds of every hard-working American dependent on a 401(k) for their retirement security would be nationalized and made subject to the whims and will of the executive branch."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• LOL.
    Anonymous

• It amazazes me that there are still people out there who think they will be getting Social Security when they need it. Did you not hear that our government did not lock this money away like they said they would when SS was implemented but has been spending it for years and now has no money to pay anyone. Sorry, but I will do everything I can to make sure my tax money isn't going to your SS.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Psssst...... Libs, don't look. We don't want you taking any of our ideas.

Why the divisive crap? You're part of the problem, not the solution.

Anonymous