I am an only child. Is it normal for siblings to argue and call names to eachother, and nag and pick on eachother? It drives me nuts! Why can't they just get along with eachother?

3 kids about 2yrs apart from one another

Coeykid

Asked by Coeykid at 8:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• normal, expected, and does not end when they become adults. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Normal.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i'm the youngest of 4. and yes. we argued, we name caled, we hit9sometimes closed fisted), we pulled hair, we screamed at the top of our lungs. and drove our mother mad! but i'm 21 now, and my sister is my best friend. if i need anything, if i just want to chat, i can call any of my siblings. they have always been there for me, and i would do anything for any of the 3 of them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm also an only, and was surprised at how much my three kids fight! I do think it's normal, though we try to set rules to keep it civilized (no hitting, stuff like that.) I do find as they get a bit older they get along better (they're now 8, almost 6, and 3.5 years.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Definitely normal. I'm the youngest. My brother is 3 years older and my sister is 6 years old older. We fought constantly! Now my sister and I are best friends and I call my brother at least once a week! We live all across the country from each other so we don't get to each other much but when we do it's wonderful!
    Anonymous

• Completely normal. Your siblings are your best friends and worst enemies all in one. It is rough seeing and hearing the bickering and fighting, but there will come a day where they do appreciate each other, you just have to hang in there (and keep them from killing each other in the meantime lol)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Happens for my kids, and they are ages 4 & 5.5...
    I separate them for a time, which sometimes helps. Also making them understand when they do something wrong, and to apologize and make it right...If there is name calling, we need to say something kind and good about and to the sibling...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Definitely normal! My brother and I would fight all the time. We have a breakfast nook(counter) in the kitchen and we used chase each other around that thing constantly, and we were always punching each other.
    We are about 2 1/2 years apart.

We both joined the Army and didn't see each other (except for video and pictures) for about 8 years. Now, we are like best friends, and we have so much fun together. We have this camping weekend with a bunch of friends and whenever we stop for breakfast after bar time, my brother and I are always the ones laughing until we cry. We will have no idea why we are laughing, but everything is so funny. He's great and he just turned 39 yesterday.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes normal

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have three older brothers, no worries that is completely normal. Only worry if they stop!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010